IML: How can it be Chattanooga event time already?

IML: How can it be Chattanooga event time already?

I've been working pretty hard on Eileen trying to get ready for the
Chattanooga meet.

New transmission is finally done and installed.  For the first time since I
have owned the car it goes forward and reverse both in the same trip!  I
don't even have to put it in drive and wait five minutes before forward
motion commences anymore.  Joy.

I got the front end aligned and it aligned perfectly according to the spec
sheet he printed out for me.  Quite a relief after I rebuilt the front end
myself.  It could still use a steering box but is good enough for now.  I
was quite relieved not to need an expensive center link or idler arm.

She was supposed to get new exhaust this week but Midas kept it three days
before admitting their pipe bender was broken and they couldn't get it done
this week.  Very agravating that they didn't just tell me in the first
place.  Anyone have experience with the order it yourself exhaust places?
Can you install those yourself without leaks or do they have to be
professionally installed and welded together?

Oh well.  Wish me luck and good gas mileage!

              Steve B.