IML: I felt a '58 bumper today and...

I have probably whined enough in the past for some of you to have a vague recollection of the fact that my '58 Southampton resides a short distance from my house, stored tightly in a carriage house behind a rental home that belongs to my parents.  The car awaits the growth of my fiscal fortitude to a point where I can sustain some initial engine and body work.  I'm getting closer to that day.

In the meantime, I had to go to that house today to do some maintenence work and stole a few moments in the carriage house to consort with the Mighty.  She's absolutely jammed into one of the carriage bays, and I can barely squeeze in to inch down the side of the car (this description not entirely due to my waistline).  I believe when I parked it last I measured the bay being only two inches longer than the Mighty (front to back) with perhaps 16 inches to spare to the side.  Given that fact and the position of the rear bumper nearly flush against the back wall, I can't see the rear bumper inserts to check if they're smooth or ridged, but I reached my hand back there today and gave it a rub.

Smooth.

Patrick
Southeast Louisiana