Re: IML: car door lock, window / latch grease?

Re: IML: car door lock, window / latch grease?

A heavy, sticky grease would be good, lithium slightly
less so.

Whatever you do, avoid the temptation of the aerosol
lithium grease in the spray can.  It is a disaster
waiting to happen and will get approximately 16% of
its spray-pattern onto the target, according to
scientific testing conducted in my labor-a-tory.

I used bearing axle/grease.  The windows loved it.  A
correct 196o window mechanism will both delight and
intimidate via its comparative high speed operation
when running correctly.

"Latch" grease would likely be lighter?  I didn't
fiddle with mine, so don't have a clue.  Leave them as
dry as possible or risk getting it on your clothes
from the exposed striker in the door jamb.

-K

--- richard burgess <lecrown60@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Just degreased everything in the doors of my '60
> Crown.  Now where can I get some of that spray on
> "peanut butter".  It preseerved everything like new
> but had turned into a combination of paste and
> varnish.  Do I use lithium grease? axle grease?
> combination of the two?  Is there something I can
> spray on like the factory did that will preserve as
> well as lubricate.  I know there is, anyone got a
> fovorite brand / resource?
> Thanks, Richard
>
> '60 LeBaron sedan
> '60 Crown sedan

> Yahoo! Sports
>  Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy
Football

Kenyon Wills