Re: IML: '69 emissions

>From: "jsadowski" <jsadowski@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: IML: 69 Won't pass emmissions
>
>I installed my new carb & the car runs nice now. I went for emmissions & it
>failed the CO test. The standard here is 3.75 under load. I got 4.30. The
>idle standard is 5.0 & I got 2.18 on the first test.
>     After some adjustments to the carb, the retest showed 3.77 under load,
>just .02 away from passing & 1.07 at idle. Both big improvements.
>   Anybody have any suggestions to get this darned car to pass?
>John

   Where do you live? I'm in Rhode Island, where we're on the California
standard, which I thought was the toughest in the nation... Mine passed no
problem, with an Edelbrock and bad plugs.

   My gut reaction is that you should lean the carb out some for the test,
and then put it back where it belongs. How old are your plugs and air
cleaner?

    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT