Re: IML: Thread about overseas buyers

Thanks for the reminder that there are two side of each coin, & the reminder we are so post to be helping one another in this club.
Denis, Redwood City, Ca.
It makes my blood boil when I read this typical ill informed rubbish.

Firstly anyone who is fool enough to become involved in this type of sale deserves what he gets.

Secondly the e mails are wide spread across the world, not just in the US, the country they claim to be from just differs, most received in the UK are from deposed Nigerian princes etc.

Thirdly it is hard enough to get parts for my car from the US any way without this sort of ill informed scare mongering.

We are meant to be enthusiasts helping each other to maintain our hobby, but see little of that here.

I was also surprised that no one picked up on the 1929 Imperial Sedan recently advertised in the US on e bay ..... it might well have been Chrysler but it definitely wasn't an Imperial, so dont look overseas for strange goings on...

Nigel Plant

1929 L*80 Locke Convertible Coupe