Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Thread about overseas buyers

They send you a "cashier's check" or similar instrument for more than the
purchase price.  You send them the difference in good money and get stuck
holding a worthless piece of paper.  Unless you have Paypal or a similar
account, do not accept anything other than funds wired directly to your
bank account from overseas.  Your bank can tell you how to give the proper
instructions.

The alternative is to insist on a 10-day or longer, depending on what your
bank's policy is, waiting period before shipping the car so you know the
money is in your account.

-- David