Re: IML: '60 steering column , part of the problem found

Re: IML: '60 steering column , part of the problem found

I was looking at the manual today and got an idea of something that might be causing your problem. Your restoration shop seems pretty incompetent so  maybe when they removed the column they installed the rollpin back in the hole to keep from loosing it. Then when it came time to reinstall the column they forgot about it having a rollpin or a different person reinstalled it. They might have pushed it down on the splines until it hit the pin and  thinking it was fully seated tightened the clamp.  That would cause in the neighborhood of 1/2 inch extra column sticking out. I could be wrong but it's worth looking into.