IML: 1951 Imperial Back Home

I want to publicly thank Wayne Davis in Dallas, TX for being an excellent
host and for giving me the opportunity to own a 1951 Crown Imperial 8
passenger sedan.  On June 20th, I headed off to Dallas with my 1977 New
Yorker towing a car trailer.  On June 26th, we loaded up the 51 and headed
home the next day.  I arrived home at 2:30 AM on Friday, July 1st.  I went
to a Canada Day car show at 10 AM on the 1st with the 51 still in tow.  I
begged the man to not charge me by the pound for my entry fee.  The 51 was a
huge hit at the show.  There were consistently more people around that car
than any other single car at the show.  The hemi, power windows and disk
brakes were big attractions for many.

The whole unit including my 77 New Yorker, the 51 Imperial and the trailer
weighed well over 6 tons.  The 440 in that 77 NYB performed admirably by
towing that load all the way, over 3100 miles, at about 9 mpg (US Gal) the
entire way without missing a beat.  I am thoroughly impressed with that
engine and the car in general.

Here are a few pictures of the Imperial on the way home.

http://roadhogg.com/CarStuff/2005/06/TexasTrip/51Imperial/index.html

Here are some other random pictures from the trip.

http://roadhogg.com/CarStuff/2005/06/TexasTrip/TexasTrip/

I was also fortunate enough to meet Jeff Ingraham in Omaha, Nebraska, NYB ML
subscriber Robert Seiberns in Ft. Scott, Kansas and former IML subscribers
Mike and Chris Trettin in Newton, Iowa.  All in all it was a gret trip with
a very minimum of trouble.