IML: Positive experience with SMS

Hello List,

Thought I would share my recent positive experience with SMS in Portland, OR.  Last summer (2004) I called requesting a sample of NOS vinyl top material for one of my other collector cars.  Within a week I had received it.  At the same time, I requested  samples from another company in MI with whom I have done business.  Once they arrived, I could see the one from SMS was the best one of the three regarding a match to the grain as well as to the color of the leather interior.  Over the years I've heard both good and bad about SMS so I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with them.  About three weeks ago, I contacted the other company about their samples and they had sold out of one and had very little left of the other.  I had no choice but to either deal with SMS or get some aftermarket replica that would never look like the original.  So, with a lot of doubt in my mind, I contacted them and believe it or not, they still had the card in their files with the sample on it identical to the one they had sent me a year ago!   The price had NOT gone up from their original quote.  I ordered the top from them as well as an extra yard of vinyl.  They said it would be about three weeks before I would receive the top.  Within a week, I had received the yard of vinyl!  Yesterday I received the top they fabricated for me.  It is perfect!  Looks just like the old one only not worn out, the color is perfect and the seams look factory!

The salesperson with whom I placed the order could not have been nicer, the order was processed in a timely manner (they said it would take about three weeks and it did) AND the quality couldn't be better!  So, I guess SMS has gotten their act together!  I hope everyone else who orders from them in the future has as positive an experience with them as I did.  I called them this afternoon to tell them how pleased I was and they were so appreciative of the praise.  Again, very professional and 'delivered the goods' within the time frame they promised.  What more could you ask for?

Greg McDonnell
Mobile, AL