From: Rob McCall
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 6:43 PM
Subject: RE: IML: 8-track in imperials & originality

Longram,

I?m having the AM thumbwheel from my ?68 Barracuda converted by Retro Radio Restoration www.retroradio.biz  Their website is pretty empty right now, but the contact information is available.  I dropped the radio off to him at Carlisle, and it should be done in about 10 weeks.

The radio will have modern electronics installed but use the original controls.  The only visible difference from stock is the LED on the tuner face to show that it is on and if AM or FM is selected.  When the radio is off, it is not noticeable.  The radio will have RCA inputs in the back for a CD changer, portable MP3 player, or I suppose even an NOS aftermarket 8-track if you can find one.

I have a factory AM/FM from a ?68 Imperial that I suspect is dead.  It came with some other parts in a deal that went bad.  Later I?ll bench test that unit.  If it is dead, I?ll probably send it out to be converted.

I too am customizing my Imperial.  More a mild custom compared to your green spikes though.

Rob McCall

?67 LeBaron