Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:23 AM
Subject: IML: '68 Thermal Fan Clutch PN

Well, I've had another one of those "Imperial Moments"
at the parts counter. You know, those times when the
part in the catalog, the part you buy then bring home,
bears no resemblence whatsoever to the part your
Imperial acutally needs.

I need a new thermal fan clutch for the '68 Crown.
What I got was Four Seasons fan clutch part number
36958. This thing is more than an inch too tall to
ever fit between the radiator and the block.

The IML website lists partnumber 771305 for a '65
though '72 thermal clutch. Is this a Mopar part
number? Is there a cross reference for an aftermarket
brand? Why the odd break in the years?

Amusingly, when I went to the Napa website to see what
it recommended, the parts finder "broke down" when it
got to "Imperial" then wouldn't go on.

Car collecting is a riot. . .

Dave