Re: IML: Original Brakes

Well, I'm in NC and around here the average speed on larger roads is about 75 - 85 verses  the 55-60 of yesteryear. My driving skills are fine. I even used to do a little dirt racing which is as about as much driver skill as anything you can find, and while I know what my car's limitations are,  the moron that pulls out in front of me doesn't and he ain't asking.  Maybe California has always had congested highways. We have not and today's traffic is probably seven or eight times what it used to be. Near mishaps with the guy who doesn't know my car's limitations were frequent since converting two years ago. Maybe one or two if safety were completely up to people who love and understand their car like we do,then I could agree that it's about preference, but in the real world other drivers don't have a clue that our big ol' imperials don't stop as fast as their honda accord.  Because of that I can assure you that better brakes = safer car

                                                                    ERNEST T. BASS