From: Ken W Stephenson [mailto:kss37215@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 9:48 AM
To: dickb@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 81-83 EFI system circuit analysis: Was (RE: IML: Question, of course!)

Thanks for the clarification, Dick.  Agree the ASDM design looks like an afterthought.  Reminds me of some of the quick fixes they made us do to ship "prototypes" out to customers.  But my quest here is not purely academic, I have this machine running near perfectly, however, out of the clear blue it will suddenly just die.  Does not stumble, cough, or anything, just dies at random times.  All modules are the late production, non-meltdown, all new filters, cleaned tank and pickup filter.  Will not restart until it gets stone cold again.  Has fuel, spark, and turns over, but no start.  Same effect with bypassed ASDM.  That's how I isolated the common lead to the CCC.  I am about to bite the bullet and gamble on a "new" or "refurbished" CCC.

Even after 6 months on this project I refuse to trash the EFI.

Ken