IML: Another 1961 Question on the Fly(wheel)

IML: Another 1961 Question on the Fly(wheel)

Hi all:

What is the problem if the symptom of a problem is that the starter spins but doesn't spin the motor?

Does that mean the car has fly wheel trouble?

Could this problem have been created by the transmission shop that repaired the transmission in February?  It seems like a long time ago but this is the same tranny shop that "disabled" the parking brake on this car because they didn't know what they had on their hands.

I have searched the archive on the site for "transmission," "flywheel," and "starter" but haven't found this specific issue.

I can turn the ignition key several times and eventually it will "catch" but it is getting longer and longer between starts.

If this is the problem is this "easy" (what am I thinkin'?) to fix?

--
Joe
Allen, Texas