Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:08 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Rubber fuel line question..

I've been systematically replacing the rubber fuel line on my '82.  I
understand that new formula hose is required to last with modern/oxygenated
fuels.  I am wondering exactly what hose rating is required? I believe Dick
B. said 309R or something like that which is efi hose going for 7.99 for 18"

<gasp> Regular hose (I believe it is 307R) is $1.25 per foot.  I understand
the car is injected, but the rear pump is low pressure so I am not sure if
the injected hose is required prior to the control pump.  I don't want to
skimp, but this is a cheap driver and I don't want to throw money at it
unless I have to.

On a separate note: the NHRA specifies no more than 12" of rubber hose on
any vehicle.  I did about that much (plus 12 hose clamps) just changing the
fuel filters!  There has got to be a better way.

Rob

---

---