Re: IML: New York Parade Phaeton, Brakes, Service Info galore on club we

Re: IML: New York Parade Phaeton, Brakes, Service Info galore on club website

Hi all,

As an employee of the Dep't of Health & Mental Hygiene of the City of New York and the person in the pics of car on the IML, Peter was a member of the IML at one point (& may still be) and is (or was - I'm not sure currently) an employee of the Dep't of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS).  DCAS is charged with the responsibility of maintaining the car and, from all accounts, has done a very good job.  The last I heard, they needed some parts made for it and went to the NYC Dep't of Sanitation to have them fabricated.  It helps to have the backing of a $52 billion entity with 200,000+ employees.

The NYC Phaeton was almost sold during the fiscal crisis of the 1970's, but it's been restored since then and the probability of it being sold in almost zero.

Carl
There is a fellow named Peter S. that is associated
with the NYC car.  Not certain of his official
relationship to the car (poor memory again), but he's
well aware of the OIC, seems to be in the know, and
sends a note to the website now and again updating us
on the car's progress/changes/appearances.

For those that don't know these cars, here is a link
to what we have on them:
http://imperialclub.com/Rare/Phaetons/1950s/index.htm