Re: IML: Curved shape = fuselage styling

Re: IML: Curved shape = fuselage styling

I had opted out, having said my piece and having
nothing more to add, but here's my last thought and
won't comment further on the list about this.

"fuselage" does not appear in the ads for 72-73.  OK.
Nothing much of anything  design related appears in
the 72-73 ads because Imperial was in the marketing
crapper due to gas prices and there wasn't much
advertising going on, at least not like the old days.
The ads just talk about how they test drive the cars
and all.  I provided those 72-73 ads, and they were
brutal to find.  Low circulation and low count.
Chrysler didn't care about Imperial marketing-wise, or
they wouldn't have put that photo of the clown in the
plaid suit in the window on the 73 catalog/brochure.

When I think of a FUSELAGE, I think of a tube that's
rounded and smooth.

The 72 and 73 photos that you see deceive.  The chrome
on front looks vertical.  That makes it look
slab-sided.  The '70 is absolutely flatter by the
front door's leading edge (to my eyes) with flatter
sides.  The 72-73 is rounder.  Looks like a further
progression of the theme, and has no character
line/fold in the upper part, so looks even smoother
and unbroken.  MORE fuselage if anything?

How many people that have contributed have either of
the cars?  How many have both?  hmmmm.

Bumpers-as-part-of-fuselage-design and exclusive to
69-71 logic-argument?  Uhhhh,  Ok.  Not a strong
position at my end, but Ok.  I think that the 68-71
bumpers flinging upward look like eagle wings from the
back and not fuselage sides, personally.

What I know will fit in whatever room's left on the
head of that pin with the angels, so don't worry too
much about it....

-K

Kenyon Wills