RE: IML: more on the 68

Bill, All,

I've mentioned that I had a 68 Crown, but had to let it go during a cross-country move (Navy).  I just couldn't stand it; it's been five years.  I resubbed to the IML, and began to look at what is on the internet (nothing shows on the IML for sale page).  I didn't plan to buy something so soon, but....

The car was advertised online, and was in Massachusetts.  I talked with the owner.  This is the background I have:  Seller is an older gentleman, who's had a few neat old cars over the years.  His 68 was purchased in 99 from an older lady who lived nearby.  He said this past winter is the first time it's been outside in the winter.  He had space in a shop until he sold the shop.  Was concerned that it did not have to spend another winter outside.

Car was advertised as beige, but I hope/assume it's polar white.  Full black vinyl roof.Four door.  Cloth interior, black; no autopilot, but does have working (most of the time) Auto-Temp.  Tilt but no telescope.  I can tell that the radio is not the FM stereo.  My first one was, and this one lacks the front door speakers.  Ad said 109K miles

He suggested to me that I fly up and drive it back rather than having it transported.  Said it should be ready to make the trip South.  Only the vent windows are not working.  I have several pictures, and the car (at least the one in the photos) looks very nice from all aspects.  Will need a rear bumper - apparently the little old lady owner needed to be where someone else was.  Seller says there are some spare chrome parts, and an FSM in the trunk.

If all is as it's supposed to be, the car should be here by mid-week.  Then I can say what I really bought.  I hope I'll be willing to get some photos and a short writeup together for the IML website.

Thanks for asking about it.

Michael