Re: IML: Pebble Beach photos

Guys,

The non-Imperial discussion of Pebble Beach kindly belongs on the Salon, but
I'll respond to the query while tossing in some Imperial content...

The round-doored car with the dorsal fin is a 1925 Rolls-Royce New Phantom
(aka Phantom I) called the Jonckheere Aerodynamic Coupe.

I didn't get to go this year, but the 1933 and 1934 Chrysler Imperials must
have been stunning to see near each other, so radically different though
just one year apart (the '34 is the first-year Airflow, for those who don't
know).

Always something special shows up at Pebble each year. One year I turned to
see what was approaching me from behind making the sound of a large vacuum
cleaner and saw the only 1963 Chrysler Turbine car in private hands driving
across the green. Wow, the stuff of fantasies. Worth the $125 admission,
IMHO (besides, it goes to charity and helps keep the crowd size down so you
can enjoy the cars more).

Chris in LA