Fwd: IML: CB Radio's and Antenna's

Tony

As we look around us today most folks look at the CB and make some type of
ugh thought.  But they drive new SUV's or the such and the cars we have are out
of yester-year  ( but they will line up during the parade and watch us ).

Some four or five years ago I asked what was on our Imperials bumper.  I did
this cause I had a original "Mustang Ranch" sticker on our '63 Le Baron.  One
driver stated they had put a Nixon for President or sumthin like that sticker
on the bumper.  Since that time others have thought it was some type of
"catcher" and have done this also with older bumper stickers ( oh thank you ebay ).

I also pull a '27 1970 Air Stream with the cars and every trailer tower has a
CB.  And I have a 1500 SE G/wing and we all use the CB when riding.  But I
did not want a black Walmart plastic unit in the cars.  That is why I have
Cobra's.

As it turns out the 40 channel Cobra 77x was first marketed in 1976 so it is
going in the short Wheel-base '77 Dodge truck.  I will most likely get some
short mirror mounted dual antenna's to go on each door.

As of this time I have no idea of what to do for antenna's on the Imperials.
How about the magnet antenna unit just behind the rear window on that flat
area before the trunk lid ???  Remember if I put it there, it will always be
there.

                                       Rodger & Gabby
                                       Colo Spgs

'47 De Soto Custom w/Fluid Drive & passenger door mounted swamp cooler
'62 Crown Coupe w/std A/C & Auto-Pilot
'66 Le Baron w/dual A/C & reverbed AM/FM
'70 Overlander - InterNational Dbl
'77 D150 w/360, NP 4 Spd, 12 Bolt Axle, OEM Buckets & etc
--- Begin Message --- Hey Rodger

How are ya? I agree with putting a CB in the imperial...I have a 70 and a 71. both them have CB radios. they are really nice to have....Good luck

Tony Fortner