Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:24 AM
To: Imperial Mailing List
Subject: IML: My back pages

This mailing list stays alive and relevant because of the steady influx
of
new people. Yes we address the same issues over and over again. Many
people leave after a year or so because they have pretty much read it
all.
Discussions about Budd brakes, or what's the best tire to use, or who to
use
as a shipper, or how many of my year still exist do get tiresome after a

while but they are exciting and new for recent list members.

On the other hand there is an old guard around here who missed Bob
Dylan's
intended irony and took this lyric to heart:

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now.

These same folks, its always the same ones, just love to criticize.
Their
contributions are substantially in the past but somehow they perceive
themselves as the keepers of the flame. And I have absolutely no doubt
everybody knows who I'm talking about.

Hugh