Re: IML: Imperial Price Guide

I have to laugh whenever I see reference's to Price Guide's, as has been said they are generally created by people working an average value to cars which have sold at auction, that have been advertised in the press etc, and in general someone is earning a living creating these entirely vacuous irelevant figures.

How can I be so damming? Very simply, in various publications I can read valuations and price guides to my car, my model, my bodystyle ranging from condition 1 to condition 6.

However what these guides fail to consider is that only 142  cars were bodied with my bodystyle, I am only aware of 3 or 4 which survive and I believe in the last 6 years only one has come up for sale...and I bought it, so bearing that in mind it is very clever to put together a price guide for a car which rarely comes to market, the guide can only be considered a pure work of fiction.

I must state I havent looked at any guides on The IML site and that this comment is relating to guides in general!

as with most things the sale of a car of any age is governed by market forces and supply and demand, it is only worth what someone will pay on the day of the sale.

Nigel Plant

29 L*80 Locke bodied Convertible Coupe