Try these folks:

http://www.bulbdirect.com/

MM

On Monday, September 19, 2005, at 06:30 PM, david munson wrote:

I wonder if any of you out there could help me ? I need to obtain twelve Sylvania stop and tail bulbs number 2357 LL apparently in a red pack ? and also some glass fuses 2 amp 5 amp 7.5 amp 15 amp and 20 amps and I need ten of each now the tricky part I'm in the UK well not that tricky as I have very often dealt with you guys in the USA Lowell Howell is a super star as far as I'm concerned . I am the secretary of the oldest American car club in the UK formed in 1962 and own a 55 Imperial a 63 Convertible Imperial and a great 66 Imperial crown coupe this is why I need help you guys. David Munson

From: "Mark Evans" <evansma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Lightbulbs for our old cars.
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:09:11 -0600

I'm using 2357s in both my Polara and my Imperial. They are much brighter than 1157s and give both cars a much better "presence" on the road. I also put halogen headlamps on both cars. Seems newer cars are lit better than these older ones. Making what bulbs I have brighter really helps.

I haven't seen any issues with heat buildup so far. Hope that helps.

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html
1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyPolara/index.html

Anyone on the list familiar with Sylvania's Long Life series of light bulbs? Most auto parts stores sell them. They are in a red package and have LL after the number. It was suggested to my by a car friend on another list to use 2357LL in place of 1157 in my taillights and parking lights (not on my Imperial but on another marque). I checked with the manager of Advance and he said the bulbs are absolutely NOT halogen but the 2357 is brighter than the 1157. Is it safe to use the brighter bulb or is this a possible fire hazard? The bulb is not at all close to the lens (like a dome, map or courtesy light lens would be close to the bulb) and it does make my taillights glow a somewhat brighter red! What about the bulb pulling too much power? Any electrically inclined members on the list? The bases are exactly the same but there is a noticeable difference between the two bulbs. No where on the package does it state the candlepower of the bulb so I don't know how to compare it to the 1157 (except visually).

Comments and/or experiences with the 2357LL bulbs would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

  Greg McDonnell
  '65 Crown convertible