IML: 68 Brake Master Cylinder -- Part Number Please!

IML: 68 Brake Master Cylinder -- Part Number Please!

Hello Everyone!

I took the 68 convertible out for a 10 mile drive this morning over to Miami Beach.  (First real chance to drive the car since i got it.) I did a variety of driving over city streets, and highway.

I noticed two things:

1. I have to pump the brakes to keep enough pressure in the brake lines to stop the car.  I just replaced both front calipers and the rear shoes.  The lines were cleared and bled by my mechanic.  So i'm thinking that the master cylinder is giving out.  So i could use use help sourcing a (correct) master cylinder.  Any got a part number handy???  Also, is there something else i should check before replacing the master cylinder?

2. The steering is VERY sensitive and the suspension feels WAY too soft.  I don;t remember my 66 being this swoopy.  Is it common for the 68's to feel really spongey when changing lanes and turning?  I don;t think it's the shocks, because the car doesn't do the bounce thing that car do when the shocks are gone. Do i just need shocks with a stiffer ride?

Thanks

Javier

<<winmail.dat>>