Re: IML: owners of 60 imp

Besides the missing metal block with screw that retains the wire, your cable may be run incorrectly.  It should have a hose casing  for a good part of the housing.  This snaps into clips on the side of the valve left valve cover and the cable runs on up to the latch.  The cable should not be running over the fender or engine as the length will be affeccted.  There is a clip and screw that retains the cable housing at the latch.  Then comes the block with screw that retains the inner wire to the latch that actually operates the latch.

Richard Burgess

'60 LeBaron
'60 Crown

Benetpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
can someone answer a question about hood latch on a 60 imperial,I have the hollow black cable that runs from firewall and ends 1 inch before inside hood latch,I have interior hood release with wire attached,that runs through the underhood cable but this wire doesnt reach the hood latch either,am I missing  a clasp from end of wire that connects to hood latch

Yahoo! for Good