Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Heater & A/C Actuator

The same plastic control actuator was used for many
years throughout all Mopar lines.  A visually
identical one was even still available from NAPA for
1969-on models. There may be vacuum line routing and
electical connection differences in the later ones, so
it would be a good idea to find a good used unit from
a year closer to 1959.

Since Mopar used the same basic heat-A/C components on
all "C" bodies 1959 through 1964 (Imperial through
1966), actuators from those models will quite likely
interchange.

Happy Motoring,

Chris H.

66 LeBaron

--- Mel Wyshynski <mvwyshy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All

I could use some assistance locating a vacuum
actuator that is part of the heater & A/C push
button assembly.
I have a 1959 LeBaron equipped with heater and air.
The actuator is the plastic part that the 5
pushbutton controls fit into and it has 7 small
vacuum tubes as well as 4 prongs to attach wiring.
The part no. on the side of the actuator is 1342505
(note that the number 1 is almost obliterated and I
am guessing that it is a 1).
I have talked to Lowell and he says he is reluctant
to try and remove one for sale as they are brittle
and usually end up damaged.
He suggested getting a new one and I agree it is a
good idea but where?
Lowell mentioned "Moss Motors" but he did not know
where they were located.
Anyone have any suggestions including repairing the
one I have?
Thanks for any help

Mel

Yahoo! Music Unlimited