IML: Mopar Fall Fling Show Report

Hi all -

It was a "Reeally Big Show" in Van Nuys yesterday, with 6-8 Imperials on display - those I knew were owned by Sherwood Kahlenberg and Randy Harris. I also ran into Chris Hoffman prowling the vendor and show aisles. At least three had for sale signs - a nice looking '39 ($12,000), a '68 2-door (average) and a nice '70 LeBaron 4-door, gun-metal grey with white vinyl top. Also a nice 300 Hurst, which is rarely seen - asking $21.5K. I think I've got photos of those and perhaps some contact info, if anyone is interested. Many other Mopars had "for sale" signs and most of these would be interesting projects.

Too much "stuff" on sale - I saw nothing uniquely Imperial. FYI, a 440 dual snorkle air cleaner had a $300 sticker on it. I spent $7 total for a bike basket (!) and a 3/4" breaker bar - that should solve the air-wrenched lug nut problem!

I drove my '66 LeBaron to the show and it ran great after its 5 week slumber.

Bob