IML: Best Imperial eBay ad ever?

                Item number: 4583385464

If you sell your car, this is how to go about it!

I recently listed a car and was VERY casual about it.
It was priced "high" according to some negatives that
I got back from folks, and was repeatedly told that it
was worth about 50%-70% of the asking price and it was
even implied that it was sort-of a rip-off
(price-wise) in some instances, even though the people
speaking hadn't seen the car in person, which was a
9-out-of-10 sort of thing that needed really minor
finishing tweaks to be really, really first rate.  I
would have driven it as is and been thrilled with it,
but to each his/her own, I guess.

Someone else took charge of it later on (no hard
feelings there) and put the car up starting at about
40% of the reserve.  The car got some bids, stalled,
and then re-ignited to shoot past the reserve to about
$6,000 over what the owner had originally pegged as
his required sale price.

Most of that I attribute to the salesmanship and good
presentation of the person that listed it.

The car in the ad could come across as just another
1980's Imperial.  There are a few around, and most are
shaggy dogs at best - Lovable, but in need of serious
grooming to be presentable.

This car is pretty nice, I'll admit, but I've seen
others that had similar potential go for a song.  This
seller, it seems to me likely paid a professional
detailer or is very good at it him/herself, and
whoever took the photos really did a good job of
picking or arranging lighting.  The car comes across
as crisp and clean.  I'm not a 1980's guy, but the ad
almost made me forget that!

If you are going to be selling your car on ebay, you
could do a LOT worse than to follow in this person's
footsteps.  Good photos and extensive info WILL
generate lots more interest.

I look forward to seeing how successful this auction
is and wish the seller well, whoever they are!......

Kenyon Wills