Re: IML: WPC News (Magazine)

Hi Bob:

I, too, received my WPC News and saw the morphing of my 31 Imperial CG Convertible Sedan into a 31 Plymouth PA Phaeton. It reminds me of another story about a race between a 31 Imperial and a 31 V 16 Cadillac outside Akron, Ohio. There was, naturally, a bet involved. So, the Cadillac, in all its splendor, winds up that 452 cubic inch engine and averages about 80 miles per hour. The Imperial with the 385 cubic inch straight eight, let it rip. The Imperial averaged 100 MPH all the while towing a 31 Plymouth roadster.

So, I am not too concerned that my Imperial was morphed for a short period of time -- at least, it still resides in my garage!

The article about my Imperial in Collectible Automobile was well written although there are some mistakes. There were actually 100 Convertible Coupes produded in 1931, not the 10 dwelled upon by the writer.

Sherwood Kahlenberg