Re: IML: Looking at a used 26-inch radiator

Re: IML: Looking at a used 26-inch radiator

If the radiator is a match for your Imperial (be sure
to check the positions of the inlets, outlets, drain
and transmission cooler connection), then the radiator
is probably worth a second look.

The tanks, meaning the top and bottom parts, are
what's important. They're generally hard to find for
Imperials, at least that has been my experience. Make
sure that the tanks are in good condition, or can be
repaired.

The cooling part can be rebuilt. A rebuild for my '68
convertible last summer cost somewhere near $300.
Worth it, if you've ever been stuck in a summer
traffic jam with a 440 and clogged radator: Thar she
blows!

Dave Duricy