Re: IML: Dual / single master cylinder [driving technique]

Re: IML: Dual / single master cylinder [driving technique]

> From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: IML: 1960 master cylinder/Dual versus Single Pot
>
> I still think that the best practice is to be
> prepared that the brakes MIGHT fail, but
> I don't believe that people drive this way
> any more. Seeing how many people drive
> while having a casual conversation on their
> cell phone proves this to me. I can NOT
> drive well unless I devote my full attention to
> it. If I can't then I know that others can't either.
> I worry more about having an unpreventable
> crash with one of them, then worrying about
> my car having a single pot master cylinder.

    This is especially true in this era of ubiquitous antilock brakes.
Proper 'panic' stop technique for them is just to try to shove the pedal
through the floor... Not only does this tend to breed the not-so-great habit
of not thinking about how your car operates, it also has a poor failure
mode.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT