From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 65 Crown Speakers: 4 OHM Compatible with 8 OHM Radio???
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 01:57:02 -0500

You will fry the 8 ohm radio using the 4 ohm
speaker, unless you hook it up to another 4 ohm
speaker in series. Two 4 ohm speakers in
parallel makes 2 ohms (that will really blow up
your radio). Two 4 ohm speakers in series makes
8 ohms.

My understanding is (and practical experience
so far indicates) that it is okay to use an 8
ohm speaker if the radio can handle a 4 ohm
speaker, but it isn't okay to do it the other
way around. You might get away with a 6 ohm
speaker, but that isn't a good idea either.

Having said all of that, I haven't ever known
for sure what ohm speakers the radio in my '65
Imperial has. Its speakers are still the
originals. I am assuming that you have
established that this radio should came with an
8 ohm speaker.

Paul W.

In an email dated Tue, 15 11 2005 5:39:50 am
GMT, Christian Walter