Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 8:38 PM
Subject: RE: IML: '82 Sinatra w/ Moonroof?

There seems to be a tiny bit of disdain seeping through on Douglas's
response, here.

While I don't want to get any kind of an argument started here, I would like
to point out that there are some of us on the IML who feel the FS version of
the 80's coupes is the most collectible of the lot.

There are quite a few special features about these cars, including special
colors and interiors in some years, and additional features in the interior
also - for example an added holder to store your music selections, which may
be either 8 track or cassettes, as I recall. As for the 8 track system, as
those of us who have them will attest, these have much better sound quality
than the other then current media types - and while they are now obsolete,
they are definitely a collector's item in themselves, with the added
advantage of having superb stereo quality.

While there are no doubt people on the list that do not respect these cars,
there are others on here who happen to think they are beautiful, and
definitely collectible. Those who own them realize they are exceptionally
comfortable, good handling, quiet, luxurious cars, with the added bonus
these days of 25 MPG fuel economy.

Dick Benjamin