IML: '61 Roof trim removal

Hi all,

This winter's project is to get my '61 LeBaron re-upholstered. I was recently in Portland where I visited SMS and picked out some suitable materials. If anyone is thinking of going, it is a fantastic experience. There are thousands of rolls of material to choose from and the guys who work there are a pleasure to deal with. There is no substitute for being there and comparing the different materials directly.

Now the reason for this message. Before I get the headlining replaced, I want to remove the chrome roof trim ans s/s panels. the trim will be re-chromed and the dinks in the panels  rolled flat and polished. Any rust underneath will be treated at the same time.

I followed the recent thread about removing the s/s panels with interest but does anyone know the sequence for removing the surrounding trim? For example, do I have to lift the s/s trim above the windshield first? If so, how does it come off? Are there any pitfalls which a little foreknowledge would avoid?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Tony V.