IML: Hudson Hawk '55 limo on E Bay

Hello fellow Imperialist:

I just checked in on E Bay and found the ’55 Imperial super stretch limo used in the movie Hudson Hawk listed.  This is kind of coincidental as I just saw the car last Saturday when I toured the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois.  The car did not have a price on it and I did not see any evidence that is was for sale.  But I did get a chance to really take a good look at it and I even took some pictures.

Now it is on EBay for the “Buy it Now” price of $50,000.  Don’t get me wrong- I love Imperials.  I have owned several and currently own a wonderful ’55 sedan, but I don’t see how this car is worth that kind of ching.  First of all, I was disappointed in the fit-and-finish used in the rear passenger area.  I thought the seating area was cheesy and much of the trim not well put together.  The paint was in need of attention and there was quite a bit of pitting on the exterior chrome.  The car has the stock 331 Hemi, a mighty power plant to be sure, but I think even it would be challenged with such a large car to move.

Anyway, I will be following this auction with great interest.  With the hysteria of Barrett-Jackson, Palm Springs, Russo and Steele and all of the other big auctions coming up in the next few months, I wonder if this unique leviathan will sell.

Take care,

Jim Poltrock

’55 sedan

40k miles