IML: Please Welcome New Member, Joseph Seybert

IML: Please Welcome New Member, Joseph Seybert

New Subscriber(s): Joseph Seybert
Email Address is: seyberspace@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia

Car(s) owned: None . . . yet.

Self-Introduction: I was raised in the automotive culture of the 1960's and '70's; my father was an auto mechanic who owned and operated a service station in western Pennsylvania. Dad always owned Chryslers, Imperials in particular. In my youth he had two 1962 Imperial sedans at the same time: one white, one black. The white one was scrapped, the black one is still in original condition and is owned by my younger brother. It comes out of storage for special occasions.

My older brother owned a 1963 convertible, black, white interior and ragtop. We younger kids loved to ride in that one. It was sadly destroyed by fire in 1975; Seybert's Garage was nearly a complete loss. The empty shell of the '63 still rests at my brother's home today (the business was rebuilt and continues to operate today within the family).

My mother drove a 1968 sedan for many years; dark green with black interior. It was the car she used to train me to drive. I could park anything after that. She allowed me to use the '68 regularly for special school occasions and dates. To my knowledge, this sedan was sold; it was pretty worn out.

When I learned that 1968 was the last year for the convertibles, it seemed natural to seek a '68 convertible for myself. I'm not ready to buy now; perhaps after my sons are grown. I continue to learn about Imperials and keep informed about the Imperial market.

I am a civil engineer involved in the design of water resource projects. I'm proud of my 3 sons and 3 daughters, and delighted with my new granddaugter, Abigail. I enjoy performing with the my local community wind orchestra, bicycle road touring, and summer cruises in my 1987 ElCamino (original restoration) and 1966 Dodge Charger (unrestored original, very nice).

Oh, I bought the '66 Charger from my other brother. I loved the car since I was a 13 year-old kid. He gave the '66 excellent care for 30 years. When he finally married, he advised me to bring a car-hauler to the wedding. His last ride was with his bride as they left the church. After the wedding party, he gave me the keys. That will always be a memorable day for me and my sons.