Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:57 PM
Subject: RE: IML: 1970 starting problems

Screw the idle bleed screws all the way in and then back them out about 1.5-2 turns. But that should not be the problem with starting. I think you still have a wire problem. Got to find #1 on the cap and go from there. I would put the crank at 0 degrees on the timing mark and then see where the rotor is pointing. That is #1. Should be on the passenger side of the cap. Might have to get a socket on the bolt that is on the end of the crank to get the crank exactly at 0 degrees. Remember the distributor turns counterclockwise. The wires can be hard to trace with the AC compressor in the way, etc. I marked mine with masking tape and indelible ink as it is a pain.

Robin Giesbrecht
72 imperial