SV: IML: Yet another unreliable supplier

SV: IML: Yet another unreliable supplier

Hi Darren!

Just back in Norway after a long week-end in beautiful Liverpool, I feel I
have to participate in the correspondence regarding "unreliable" suppliers.

My 1956 Southampton 2 door has brought me in contact with both Jeff Carter
(JC Auto) and Gary Goers, and I visited both a few years back. They are NOT
unreliable, at least not in the respect that they take your money and run.
Slow - definitely (especially Gary). Unorganized - oh yes (and again mainly
GG) Put they are honest people and you will get your parts sooner or later.
You say you had your Imperial 4 weeks now. I guess it takes even more than 4
weeks for heavy parts to cross the Atlantic, and get through HM Customs
etc.?

Andy Bernbaum I have dealt with too. I don't know them, but my experience is
good.

Atlas and Rosen are the two you have to stay away from...

Patience will be needed to restore your Imperial, as what you have seen so
far is probably more or less what you can expect in the future as well.
Americans (to my very limited knowledge!) are friendly and nice, but things
take a bit of time sometimes.

If your approach to them when asking where your parts are, have been felt
like "typically British" (demanding this and that right now or else...) you
will only get the opposite of what you want - slower and slower "service".

Don't give up now - the fun has just started!!

Best regards from Norway

Tom