Re: IML: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Limousine

Re: IML: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Limousine

Back in the early 70's, detroit lake(a resovoir in Detriot Or) dryed up , I like other guys at the time took my road runner down to the lake bed and played in the mud. (it was like a giant skid pad) (imperial content): at one end of the lake at the bottom of a cliff(that would normaly be full of water) we found a late 40's era, (somebody at the time said it was a 46 new yorker) limousine. it looked a lot like the car in the link. It may have been an imperial, (i did not even know what an imperial was when i was that age, and if it had more than 2 doors i had no interest., (my mom and dad always liked buicks) . Anyway it was an extended length, was black, I remember we marveled that a car that size only had a flat head six in it, the really interesting part was the leather in the front seat was still soft and pliable( still damp) the car was in pretty good shape as i recall, only thing wrong with it was the roof was all bent up. we all surmized it was some sort of gangland killing. I have often wondered about that car over the years. probablly  still at the bottom of the lake today. For those with knowlege , based on how i decribed it , was it an imperial?

"V. Scott Senter" <vssenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Saw this on the Denver Craigslist site, gotta be RARE!  And it looks to be in great condition!
http://denver.craigslist.org/car/119046078.html

Almost an Imperial limousine (other than the straight 6 -vs- spitfire 8, what are the differences?).  It looks to be nearly identical to the 1948 Imperial limo on the '48 IML page.  Hope somebody can give it a warm home!

Scott Senter
Klamath Falls, OR

'63 Mayan gold Crown 4-door w/ flightsweep (GG)
'68 faded Haze green Crown 2-door (ugly)
'70 Poly lime green Town and Country 9-passenger w/ factory 440 and dual intake/exhaust (family inheritance)
'73 baby blue LeBomba 4-door ($1,500 car lot special, nearly perfect in and out)
'73 turquoise LeBaroness w/ white leather/top 2-door (Turquoise beauty)
http://mail.yahoo.com

Mike Becker
Imperial-less in afghanistan