Re: IML: 1966 Imperial checkin & brakes

Hi All.....I know I know, "to convert or not to convert" has been kicked around LOTS on this list but I have had a number of close calls, regarding braking distances, when on the interstates here in southern California. As anyone who travels these Interstates knows its almost impossible to leave a 'safe' stopping distance beween your (Imperial) vehicle and the ones ahead of you since either 3 people try and move into that space or you find out real quick that the other (newer) cars can stop in MUCH shorter distances than you can! I have heard many discussions about changing to front disc's and whether or not its actually going to make a big enough difference to try it. Has anyone out there actually changed to front disc's on their 1966 Imperial??? (I have a convertible if that's any matter, other than the extra weight).....At one time I tried to keep log of how many '66 Imperials we had on this IML but gave up eventually. If you have a 1966 Imperial (any body style) and would please email me offline with just a short blurb I will try and make a case to one of the companies that makes disc conversion kits (SSB, etc) saying that there are XXXX number of vehicles out there that could use this product and see if they are interested in maybe (?) making a bolt-on type conversion kit for our year(s). If some of the experts on this list would also chime in as to what other years would benefit from this converion we might come up with a decent enough total number that a reasonable price could be gotten from the supplier. I am guessing that the 1964-65 Imperials might (??) also have the same front end configuration as my '66 but I am certain that others of you out there know for sure what years apply or do not.
Thanks all!...please email me off line so we do not waste the time of the IML'ers that are not interested in this thread. (dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Hope to see a bunch of IML people at the Northern/Southern Cal Imperial owners get-together at SOLVANG this coming April!!!
Dan Melnik