From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 1966 Imperial checkin & brakes
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 0:18:54 -0500

Hi All.....I know I know, "to convert or not to
convert" has been kicked around LOTS on this
list but I have had a number of close calls,
regarding braking distances, when on the
interstates here in southern California. As
anyone who travels these Interstates knows its
almost impossible to leave a 'safe' stopping
distance beween your (Imperial) vehicle and the
ones ahead of you since either 3 people try and
move into that space or you find out real quick
that the other (newer) cars can stop in MUCH
shorter distances than you can! I have heard
many discussions about changing to front disc's
and whether or not its actually going to make a
big enough difference to try it. Has anyone out
there actually changed to front disc's on their
1966 Imperial??? (I have a convertible if
that's any matter, other than the extra
weight).....At one time I tried to keep log of
how many '66 Imperials we had on this IML but
gave up eventually. If you have a 1966 Imperial
(any body style) and would please email me
offline with just a short blurb I will try and
make a case to one of the companies that makes
disc conversion kits (SSB, etc) saying that
there are XXXX number of vehicles out there
that could use this product and see if they are
interested in maybe (?) making a bolt-on type
conversion kit for our year(s). If some of the
experts on this list would also chime in as to
what other years would benefit from this
converion we might come up with a decent enough
total number that a reasonable price could be
gotten from the supplier. I am guessing that
the 1964-65 Imperials might (??) also have the
same front end configuration as my '66 but I am
certain that others of you out there know for
sure what years apply or do not.
Thanks all!...please email me off line so we do
not waste the time of the IML'ers that are not
interested in this thread.
(dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Hope to see a bunch of IML people at the
Northern/Southern Cal Imperial owners
get-together at SOLVANG this coming April!!!
Dan Melnik