Re: IML: Wooden Wedge?

Not in either of the '66s, but I did find one in the trunk of the '50 DeSoto.  I had no idea it was "factory".

-- David

Ken Miller <kdmiller44@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob Smith wrote:

Patrick: This has only a distant relationship to a wooden wedge on the
power steering pump but Chryslers in the '40s had a black wooden wedge
in the trunk along with the jack.
I have been wanting to investigate the wooden block thing for a long
time. To wit, I purchased my 61 Imperial convertible and my 64 New
Yorker Salon from the original owners. Both were very low mileage cars
(the 61 had 41,000 and the 64 had 51,000). It appeared that neither
spare had ever been out of the trunk (no scrapes on the paint on the
jack base or on the bumper fixture).

Now, in the trunks of both cars, I found the above-mentioned black
wooden wedge. I have always assumed that it was included by Chrysler as
an aid to block a wheel while changing a tire.

Has anyone else found this wedge in their Imperial?

Ken Miller
61 and 67 Converts (no wedge in the 67 and it had 47,000 when I bought it)