RE: IML: Please Welcome Jenifer Ogle

Jenifer,

Your car will be a beauty.  I spent a little time in California.  You are indeed lucky to have access to nice older Imperials.  What you'd find there in the junkyards is considered a "rust-free" daily driver in much of the country.

Is the color Rosewood?  The inner door metal looks like a mauve/lavender/pink.  That is a lovely color.  There are vendors listed on the website that can help some with interior, and several 62 owners may be able to give you some good contacts.  If this is all new to you, about the only useful thing I can think of is this - don't limit yourself to looking for the correct color door panels and interior parts.  Dyes do very well if properly applied, so a mismatched collection of good pieces from several donor cars can be turned into a nice interior.  Many non-working accessories can be put back into service by a thorough cleaning and lubricating.

Be patient, and enjoy it while you work on it.

Michael