Re: IML: Leather seats

We used to get a leather dye at the shoe store and it will not get on your clothes. You may have to go to a shoe repair store.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hawkins" <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Leather seats

For touching up cracks in the surface color of
leather, another method other than shoe polish - which
can wear off on your khakis - is to use a lacquer
spray paint the same color as the leather.  Spray a
small amount of paint into the cap to form a pool and
use a very fine tip artist brush to apply the paint
only into the cracks.  The porous leather in the crack
will suck in the paint pigment for a long-term repair.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron

--- Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

tried shoe polish?

  Seriously.
  Do the entire seat like you'd do a shoe.  You'll
be amazed!

clgilleland@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:              I have
a question about fixing leather   seats in my 74. My
car has immaculate seats for their age, but the
drivers seat   does show slight wear. It shows just
a slight cracking, nothing major. The seats   are
black and the light cracks show because they aren't
black. Is there   something I can put on the drivers
seat to make the cracks black, so they don't   show
up? Let me know, Thanks          Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com