IML: Could 2006 be the year of the Imperial?

IML: Could 2006 be the year of the Imperial?

This question may sound like a bunch of hype, but am I the only one noticing Imperials on print here and there?

We begin the year with Howard Huges' 57 Convertible on the Barrett Jackson block.

Last year three out of four issues of Collectible Automobile magazine featured three different vintages of Imperials. (June's issue will feature 1974-78 Newports and NYB's)

When the Motor Trend issue featuring the Imperial concept was printed, there is a nice black and white picture of a 62 with the article.

Then I started to read this month's copy of Motor trend Classic (an excellent publication by the way) and it showed a file photo of the great editor Tom Mc Cahill at the wheel of a 62 Le Baron.

The next surprise was the 1/18 scale offering of John Corey's 61 convertible he'll be driving cross country for the Great Race. This one I think will make a big impact out there.

Today we have the NY Times article with a nice link to our site.

I know these little items don't add up to much, but it doesn't take a lot to get any car buff's curiosity going.

What do you think?

Chris Middlebrook
1962 Custom Southampton

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com