From: "Christopher H"
To: "IML (main)"
Subject: Re: IML: 67 Imperial roofs
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:19:35 -0800

Not silly at all. A steel car body is made up of numerous stamped and welded components, from the basic floor stamping (often itself a welded assembly of stampings) to the side supports to the pillars to the roof structure and finally, the roof panel welded on top of that. If you ever get the chance to tour an auto factory you might see it all come together, but you can probably find some books or online pix or videos showing how it?s done.

I believe the ?67 Crown Coupe and Crown 4-door hardtop use the same roof stamping, including the outer C-pillars. The base Sedan and LeBaron use the same one (as each other, not the Crowns) as well. LeBarons and Sedans are an inch taller than the Crown hardtops as a result of their roof design.

Hope that helps you envision how it?s done...

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon