Re: IML: We made the New York Times - no, not I

Re: IML: We made the New York Times - no, not I

Did I miss the words by Ex, jr in the Times article? I re-read it again and find none, just a reference to Ex #1.

There's more to the story, and although I got a quote
or two, it was our own David Whitney that gets the
credit. He egged me on to follow up with the author,
and apparently Ex Jr. got some of his words in
edgewise too scoring some heavy points for the "nay"
camp out there.

I'll leave it to David to recount (a mildly
entertaining story), but I think it revolved around
umbrage about a line in the author's previous article
about the Imperial concept and a "non-existant"
following of our favorite car that got him stirred up
to the point of a kind word of correction about the
lot of us and a suggestion about a follow up story.

Apparently there is no minority left that's safe to
pick on without some sort of wild-eyed fringe group to
counter assumptions.

Anyway, David and I turned down 20/20 but will instead be on Oprah next Tuesday to shine a light on the plight of orphan full-frame slag-heap, money-pit, "collector cars" everywhere.

-K

--- Tim Klein <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/20/automobiles/20cars.html>http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/20/automobiles/20cars.html

 >You may need to register with the site to see this
 article.  Swift
 >and painless, generates no spam to my knowledge.
 Or just buy it at
 >your local news stand, if that's an option.

 Wow, most excellent!  Thanks and congratulations to
 our own Kenyon
 Wills for getting our club's web address into such a
 big publication.

 I've been registered at nytimes.com for years with
 no discernable
 spam.  But if you want to read the article without
 registering (or
 buying the newspaper itself), this service may be
 able to help you
 log in:
 http://www.bugmenot.com/

Tim Klein '67 pages admin http://www.imperialclub.com