RE: IML: a/c in 57 imperial - on making brushes

RE: IML: a/c in 57 imperial - on making brushes

Ernie said (in part) on this subject:

     "The brushes can stick or wear. They can be made out of the appropriate
size power tool brushes."

Yes, and I've done that before and it's an excellent idea.  However, when I
went down to just buy some brushes for my 110-volt power saw, which I was
going to make window motor brushes out of (I think... too long ago), the guy
warned me that because the brushes were designed for 110 volts, they would
more quickly wear down my commutator (the thing they ride against) than 12-V
designed brushes would.

I do not know if that's true -- it's just what the guy told me, and seems it
might make sense.

So you might want to (a) verify that or (b) make sure you get brushes for
some cordless 12-volt tool.

--Brooks in Dallas