RE: IML: Lifter collapse - 1955

Thanks, Roger.

I am familiar with lifter noise going away as a
general principal.  I idled the car for 30 minutes and
then drove it around the block on a short errand.  No
dice.  Noise was uncomfortably loud, and I didn't want
to load the car up by taking it on the freeway.

I took Dick B's advice and got CD2 at the local parts
store and poured it in.  Hopefully that will zap
whatever is blocking the oil passage and preventing
the lifter from pressurizing.

Whoever rebuilt the engine did a questionable job.

The obviously older, used water pump failed and is off
the car, so I have to be patient and wait for a
rebuilt pump to start the car again.

-K

Kenyon Wills