Re: IML: '73 door detent spring

> From: Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> Also would be surprised if you can redo that without
> removing the hinge from the body, but maybe there's a
> way and a right tool to get that very stiff spring
> coaxed onto the keeper in such a confined space.

   You can get the spring on w/o any major disassembly, it's just a pain in
the butt. This spring broke on my '69, and the old guy where I work heated
the remainder of the spring up with a torch, bent a new hook on it, and
re-tempered it. I got an extra 18 months out of it, and now I'm looking for
a spring, too.
    -Kle
     '69 Crown 4DHT